Wednesday July 8, 2009
Free day in Florence. We sleep in, much needed after days of tightly packed schedules of sightseeing, and miles of walking. We have no schedule, we just relax and walk around the city at our leisure to find souvenirs and play. Scott and I find a cute little grocery store, so we buy cheese and crackers which make a wonderful lunch. We return to the hotel to take a nap. Later that night, Scott, Jeanette, Josie, and I hike back up the hill to see the incredible view for a second time. This time we sketch the skyline until the sun starts going down. The lighting is beautiful, with strong highlights and shadows, perfect for our sketches. The view is even more incredible this time, with the sun setting over the river, framed by the bridges and buildings. Amazing.

So I have an awful confession to make... I helped you make this blog, and I couldn't remember what the address was until just barely!! What a horrible person I know. But I'm loving your picutres! Are those castle things rings? If so, where do I get one, they would be the perfect addition to my wardrobe. Every girl that wishes she was European needs a castle statement ring. Miss you!
ReplyDelete