Free Day with Dan
...............................
Friday July 24, 2009
Today is our free day! I really needed to catch up on my rest so I sleep in all morning, take my time getting ready, blog for a few hours, and just relax. It is wonderful. In the evening, Dan, my English friend, calls me and picks me up to go out. It is my first encounter with driving in a car on the wrong side of the road. Totally trippy. I keep panicking, thinking we are going to die, while Dan just laughs at me. I kept getting in on the wrong side of the car too. It’s just so unnatural. We go out for a drink and I order lemonade. I am surprised when I get Sprite. Apparently that is what the English call lemonade. Dan informs me about the differences between our languages. Like a waistcoat is a vest, and a vest is an undershirt. Trousers are pants and pants are underwear. Crisps are chips and chips are fries. It’s all very fascinating and funny.

No comments:
Post a Comment