...............................
Sunday July 19, 2009
We leave Paris on a train headed for London. Arriving after a short hour and a half ride, we embark the metro, dragging our luggage behind us. We make our way through the stations to our flat. Our group assembles for a meeting with the RA and we go through all the rules. Finally, after receiving our key, we head up to our flat. It is an old building with tall ceilings, about 12 feet, maybe more. There are 5 girls, 2 bedrooms, 1 bathroom, a kitchen and a lounge/dining area. It’s in a beautiful neighborhood, claimed to be one of the most expensive places in the world to live, but the flat could use some upkeep.
After a few minutes of unpacking, we all head out to the grocery store. It is a fun adventure. I love that I can actually read the labels and know what I am buying! It is wonderful. We walk back to the flats, our arms heavy with grocery bags, and quickly get ready for our walking tour of London.
By this time all of us are so exhausted, but we push on though the rain and our fatigue, walking around the city of London. I’m not sure exactly what we walk by, I am so blinded by my need for sleep. After an hour or so of walking from one place to the other, we finally come back home to our flat and I pass out from exhaustion. Not the best day in London.

No comments:
Post a Comment