London: July 25

Portobello Road &
Phantom of the Opera
...................................


Saturday July 25, 2009

We wake up late again, yay! Josie, Jeanette and I go out to Notting Hill and find the famous Portobello Road. There, we shop for a few hours, looking around at antiques, souvenirs, and lots of little trinkets. It is very fun and it all reminds me of the movie, Notting Hill. Josie and I decide to go see a play, so we buy tickets to the Phantom of the Opera. We make our way to the show and find our cheap, obstructed view seats. About a quarter of the stage is not viewable, but we do not mind. The music is what really matters. It is so beautiful. Their voices are piercing. Christine can sing so high it gives me goose bumps. I’m amazed at what they can do on the stage, the moving chandelier, the boat in the river, the lighting and costumes. It’s a wonderful Broadway experience. After the show, Josie and I go out to eat at Planet Hollywood. It’s such a neat restaurant, and I feel like I’m back in LA just having fun.




1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh! Notting Hill? I love that movie! And you got to see Pemberly too? And Stonehenge? What neat things you are experiencing!

    ReplyDelete