We start off the morning with La Sainte-Chapelle. It is a beautiful church where the walls are made out of stained glass windows. More than half of the building is windows with so much color and life in them. Every pane tells a different story. It’s amazing the talent and time that went into making glass windows that have lasted hundreds of years.
Following the church, we make our way to the Pompidou Museum. The escalators to the top of the building are so original, it is fun just being on them. Once on the top, the view is wonderful. But the actual art itself is depressing and offensive. We apparently miss the good stuff, like Picasso (I have no idea how we manage that) and get stuck looking at weird modern art that I do not relate to and do not think are museum appropriate. I leave the museum feeling very dragged down, thinking if that art is a representation of our world, then we live in a very creepy, dark, sad place.
But all ends well when we get to the Louvre. It is filled with so much beautiful art that you could almost never see it all, even in a lifetime. Painting after painting, sculpture after sculpture. It all amazes me. The talent people have, the time it all takes to create each masterpiece. It brings me so much joy to see the Mona Lisa, the Venus de Milo, and the Winged Victory. It is such a polar opposite from the Pompidou.

Hahahaha! I felt the exact same way about the Pompidou! We missed the good stuff too! Oh man some of that stuff is weird! Did you see the weird video with the naked girl hoola hooping barbed wire? Ya, there are some pretty freaky people out there. But I loved the escalators. they really were the best part. But I'm glad you liked the Louvre.
ReplyDelete