London: July 20

V & A, Tate Modern,
& Harry Potter
..............................


Monday July 20, 2009

I wake up and have to make breakfast for the first time on the trip. No more complimentary breakfasts, dang. We head out for our day full of museums. Our first stop is the V & A. But Darrin and Susie throw a little twist into it. I think they realized we had seen so many museums, they were starting to blend into each other. So they split us into groups of 5 and have us go through the museum together looking for inspirations for patterns. I feel like I’m on a TV show, racing around, trying to get the best stuff before someone else does.

After the V & A we walk over to the Tate Modern Museum. They don’t allow pictures so I run around sketching everything I see so I won’t forget. I’m sketching as fast as I can, bumping into people as I walk around with my eyes on my paper. We’re speeding through the museum so that we have time to make it to the theater to see the long awaited movie, Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince.

We get to the theater and pay our 13.50 pounds (like $21) for the show. It’s incredibly over priced but the movie and the experience is worth it. As the movie starts, the first scene is shot in the center of London. The camera zooms past all these buildings and our entire group starts pointing, “We saw that today” “We were right there today.” It was the coolest thing ever. It made the already wonderful movie, Harry Potter, even better.




1 comment:

  1. I love Harry Potter! And holy expensive! what a die hard you are! What great experinces you are having too! You are just so great! Can't wait to talk to you again!

    ReplyDelete